April 9, 2010

Baby's Half Birthday

Have I already talked about the time warp that exists in our home?  I simply cannot ~ or refuse to ~ believe that my baby girl is already six months.  In my mind I'm recognizing that before I know it she'll be grown. 

It is times like this that nudge me gently into a mindset of living in the moment.  A friend recently commented that I'm enjoying every moment, and then quickly acknowledged that was probably an overstatement.  It was an overstatement... but not by much.  I am so incredibly grateful for these moments.  

Before Brendan was born I received the best piece of parenting advice to date.  It's so simple, it's just three simple words.  It's all temporary.  And it is.  All of it.  Best parenting advice.  Perhaps the best advice.  Period.

Following are some of my attempts to make these temporary moments last a bit longer...

No comments: