February 14, 2010

Blogging ~ One year at a time?

So, just for the record, this wasn't exactly how I imagined our blog. I thought I'd keep it updated regularly (ha!) with our comings and goings mostly so that our friends and family (i.e. grandparents) could keep track of us but also to document for our own sake. I didn't imagine that the past year would have completely thrown that plan out the window.


It was just about a year ago that I told Brent ~ after 4 long years of praying, trying, hoping, and well... trying ~ that if we weren't pregnant by March that I was (gulp) finally ready to accept that our fantastic little family of three was, indeed, complete. I wasn't getting any younger and, quite frankly, I was getting a bit tired of the monthly heartache.


About a week later (yes, God's timing is not only always right, it is also sometimes humorous) we learned that our family would be growing! So, in an attempt to get everyone caught up... I'll be spending the next couple of days providing a (relatively) brief recap of the last 12 months!


March
3rd ~ Brendan and I take a trip to the Denver Zoo. Numerous photographs were taken of the new baby giraffe and his big brother. Brendan didn't know about our new addition yet but I was obviously already obsessed.
8th ~ Hiking at Daniel's Park. We thought we'd spend a lot of time hiking in 2009...
14th ~ Annual trek downtown for the St. Patrick's Day parade. Chilly day, crowded streets, pregnant Mama. Quick trip. Oh well, they'll do it again next year.
25th ~ Brendan's first limo ride. He did such a great job at the school fundraiser that he was able to join his principal and other children for a ride to McDonald's for lunch.  Trust me, when you're five, it just doesn't get any better than this!


April
4th ~ Harlem Globetrotters at the Pepsi Center.  They put on such a great show!  Brendan was talking about them for months! 
10th-12th ~ Grandma and Grandpa Van came for an Easter visit.  We enjoyed dinner at the White Fence Farm, an egg hunt at O'Brien Park in Parker and egg decorating and hiding at home.
17th ~ Surprise snow storm that fortunately hit after Grandma and Grandpa left.  Otherwise, I'm not sure we would have been able to convince them to drive here at any other time of the year except for August.  It also gave me a chance to pretend that I'm even the slightest bit artistic...

30th ~ Brent and Meridith had the opportunity to stay at the Capitol Hill Mansion to celebrate the 11th anniversary of when we met.  Likely the last romantic getaway for awhile....


May
2nd ~ Carnival at Red Hawk Ridge Elementary.  Brent and Brendan did a great job running the fishing booth.  I did a great job cheering them on!

25th ~ Visit to Garden of the Gods for a little walk with Nana.  Brendan enjoyed climbing and we even managed to get out of there before the rain started.  We finished the day by introducing Brendan to the wonderfulness that is Fargo's.
28th ~ We asked some close friends to join us for Big Brother Brendan's Pink or Blue Reveal.  We asked the doc to write the baby's gender on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope.  We then took that sealed envelope to a local bakery and asked them to create a masterpiece.  Brendan had the honor of opening the sealed cake box and being the first one to know if we would be expecting a boy or a girl.  He was such a proud big brother ~ even though he wasn't thrilled that he'd "have to play with Barbies".






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! You inspire me to get back on the blogging wagon!!!