February 21, 2010

Blogging ~ One year at a time?... part 4

October
October started off with a grumpy Mama.  Emery's due date was October 8th but I was certain that she would be born on September 30th.  See, when I was pregnant with Brendan his due date was June 14th (Flag Day) but my dad predicted that he would be born on his birthday ~ June 17th.  Of course, this is exactly what happened.  So... when my dad's brother, Uncle Peter, predicted that Emery would be born on his birthday, September 30th, and I thought she would.  Uncle Peter was wrong.  I'm still working on getting over it....

6th ~ Brendan's swimming lesson.  Okay, there's nothing terribly exciting or interesting about this lesson.  It just seems to represent the last activity Brendan had before his whole world changed.  A little too dramatic?  Perhaps...
9th ~ Emery Faith's arrival.  I woke up about 2 a.m. with what I assumed were contractions and we arrived at the hospital about 4:30 a.m.  Our fantastic neighbor, Sadie, was nice enough to come over and stay with Brendan until Grandma Bailey could arrive.  At about noon the doctor came over from his office and at 12:23 p.m. our beautiful daughter made her debut. 
Grandma Bailey and Nana were able to come in and meet their first granddaughter about 20 minutes later.
I was simply delighted to be able to join Brent (this time around) in the Nursery when Emery got her first bath.  I think we might just have a little diva on our hands and I'm already planning the Mother/Daughter spa days...
Due to the H1N1 Flu, the hospitals were not allowing any visitors under the age of 18 on the maternity floors.  Grandma Bailey brought Brendan to the hospital and Brent was able to go down to the lobby to see him and show him pictures of Emery on the camera. 

10th, 2:00 a.m. ~ Photographic evidence that a middle-of-the-night feeding can be precious.*
*Please note that there will be no further photographic evidence of any precious moments in the middle of the night. They must all occur during regular waking hours going forward.


10th ~ Brent and I had been hoping to be released from the hospital on Saturday ~ unfortunately there was an ice storm in Denver and we were strongly advised not to leave until the weather and roads cleared up.  We were, however, able to make the most of the time alone with our daughter.
11th ~ Emery's going home and meeting her big brother!  She got all dressed up in an outfit from Grandma Van and even let me get a picture of her full head of hair. 
And no, contrary to rumors, this was not
taken to make anyone jealous!
I love this picture of Brendan's face
when he finally gets to meet his baby sister!

And here's my first picture of me with both (!) of my children.
And the first time Brendan held his sister.

14th ~ Emery's first bath at home. 
And beautiful flowers from Aunt Judy and Uncle Peter

16th, morning ~ Fashion Show Day.  Our babies are big babies.  Big.  Brendan was never able to wear Newborn clothes and Emery grew out of hers in about 2 weeks.  Apparently I spent this morning changing her clothes and taking pictures.
Love Bug. 
ADORABLE!  Yes, I am totally biased... but still.
I love how she holds the back of her head and plays with her hair.

Bunny slippers
Sweetheart

16th, afternoon ~ Red Hawk Ridge Elementary, High Flyers Award Ceremony.  Brendan's elementary school recognizes 2 students from each class as "High Flyers" ~ for oustanding performance.  This is a very exciting award to receive and Brendan was chosen in the first trimester of 1st grade!!  Brent and I were able to attend the school assembly (and surprise Brendan) while Grandma Bailey stayed home with Emery. 
17th ~ Another picture of the proud big brother holding his baby sister.
18th ~ Emery displaying for Daddy that she is, indeed, a princess.  "And this is how you hold your teacup..."
19th ~ Grandma and Grandpa Van arrive for a week-long visit.  Brendan's two-week Fall Break began a week after Emery's arrival ~ and just as Brent was returning to work.  I will be eternally grateful to them for coming out to entertain Brendan ~ and to welcome their 5th (!) grandchild.
21st ~ Brendan and Emery enjoying some quality time with Grandma Van.
23rd ~ Casa Bonita.  Always a joy ~ for young and old alike.  Okay, maybe more for the young but we had fun, too.
24th ~ Emery showing off her Halloween outfit from Grandma and Grandpa Van.  "How you booin'?" ~ a la Wendy Williams.
27th ~ Family outing to Anderson Farms for our "annual" pumpkin patch visit.  It was a cold and overcast day but we had a terrific time! 

I think Brendan picked the best pumpkin! 
Maybe baby's first smile?

29th ~ Sibling love.
30th ~ We had a big snowstorm and were stuck in the house for just a bit too long.  Fortunately Brendan's friend, Adelaide, was able to come over and the kids loved playing in the snow.  

31st ~ Halloween!
I think Emery might have been
wondering what all the fuss was about.
Brendan's vampire costume
Emery's 1st Halloween ~ and her Boo! butt
Brendan and Adelaide ready for trick-or-treating

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I love the pic of Brendan holding Emery for the 1st time! His Halloween outfit is AWESOME!! It's great to do the whole year at once ;-)

Anonymous said...

Love the photos!!!