February 17, 2010

Blogging ~ One year at a time?... part 3

I realize that some of you may be a little concerned after reading yesterday's post of the review of June 2009.  June is notoriously our super-busy month so I hope I don't lose too many of you before the year is up.  That being said, let's do this!

July
5th ~ Jazz in the Park with the always delightful Amylee and Jamal.  Really hoping to make this a regular event in 2010.  Good friends, good music, good food, good times.

7th ~ hitting balls at the driving range.

19th ~ Cooling off at KidSpree in Aurora

August
1st ~ Brent's surprise birthday celebration begins!  We began by driving to Invesco Field for a tour of the stadium and Colorado Sports Hall of Fame.
Unfortunately I did not get him the club level season tickets he's always dreamed of...but I think he still enjoyed himself.
Then we headed over to the Hyatt to continue our little staycation.  They have a nice pool and the rooms are great!
3rd ~ Brent's birthday dinner.  Kid's night at Texas Roadhouse.  Brendan had been DYING to have his face painted.  Just in case you're wondering, green facepaint tends to stain the face a bit.  He was green for days!  Such a cute little monster, though...

6th ~ The training wheels came off!  We (i.e. Brent) finally took Brendan's training wheels off of his bike.  A friend of ours suggested going to a park with a lot of grass to remove the wheels.  We chose Challenger Park and it turned out to be a fantastic idea!  Just one more sign that Brendan is growing up...

He yelled "Victory!" when he realized he finally had it down ~ after all of 30 minutes or so.

We headed down to O'Brien Park later in the evening.  There's a Baskin Robbins across the street.  I'm just sayin'.  They had some art on display at the park as well and I thought this one was kind of interesting....

8th ~ Brent and Brendan joined up with Brent's college roommate, Ben, and his son, Alex, for a father-son trip to the go kart track.

14th ~ Brendan and I headed downtown for a visit to the Children's Museum.  He takes his work/play very seriously there!

He also makes a pretty cute earthworm and mole, if I do say so myself!

17th ~ Brendan's 1st day of 1st grade!  As you can see, he's pretty much ready to take on the world.  I think it's probably pretty easy to do with a Batman backpack!

29th ~ The father/son duos (i.e. Brent/Brendan & Ben/Alex) head out again.  This time to the Denver Zoo. 

September
17th ~ Brendan started swimming lessons at the Parker Rec Center.  That's my little guy there in the green goggles with the darling face! 

25th ~ Brent's wonderful coworkers gave him a baby shower.  They were even nice enough to get a picture of the cake for me and sent the leftovers home with him.  (Hey, I was almost 9 months pregnant!  The cake was important!)

Stay tuned for the next blog installment.  Hmmm, I wonder what happened in the Belfield family in October?.... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work (blogging) and I promise to keep reading!!!