
Ok, so truth be told, I had all kinds of ideas about how fun-filled and eventful Brendan's Fall break would be. In all actualilty, it's pretty much looked like any other week in our lives. Surprise, surprise, I know.
We didn't get much of anything done on Monday ~ unless you count me cleaning up and organizing approximately one-half of our TINY "office". Tuesday was really unproductive ~ Brent was home studying so Brendan and I went to Koelbel Library and the Parker Library and then met Brent for lunch (such a treat!). Yesterday morning was spent at the church and then anxiously awaiting the outcome of Brent's Series 7 exam (hint: getting 171 questions correct is not enough for FINRA...).
So finally, today! We started our "bat craft" and then realized the paint we bought on Monday was missing a bottle. This posed a problem because, you see, stay-at-home moms rarely shower before noon (I'm telling myself that this is fact, please do not burst my bubble) and we had plans to meet friends for lunch. But I managed to overcome and we did, indeed, make it back to the store to exchange our paint and to meet our friends for lunch. We watched the 4 Akins kids for a bit to give Brandi a break (albeit a little one) and still managed to get the bats hanging on our front tree before Brent made it home. Yippee for us! It's the little things, that's for sure.

2 comments:
fun to read your blog entry . . . I cold just hear you talking. i love blogs--i think they really help share moments and bring friends closer--so thanks for sharing. and brendan is so big! oh my goodness--i just remember him in his little tigger costume. speaking of . . . we're going to boo at the zoo sat morning . . . maybe see you? love the bat project and yes--it's the little things. hugs to you--jenna
I love the bat!!! Alex loves all things that involve egg cartons. You are very brave to use paint...I make my kids make due with markers.
Post a Comment