March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

More cereal for Emery ~ this time in the high chair.  I guess I wasn't worried about not making a mess this time.
Then we enjoyed a little walk to the bus stop ~ okay, so I enjoyed a little walk and Emery enjoyed a little thumb.

Then Brendan decided he wanted to make a Leprechaun Trap.  He told me all about his grand plan ~ think Rube Goldberg ~ on the way home from the bus stop.  

I explained to him that his plan sounded quite ambitious and suggested that he create a trap that was a bit simpler this year and that we could start a little earlier on a more elaborate trap next year.  Here's what he constructed in about 20 minutes, using Jenga pieces and twine (that wound through the living room and around the couch ~ so he could pull the string when the leprechaun entered the trap) and parade beads as bait.  I think he's so stinkin' creative and smart and funny and talented and handsome and wonderful and...
  
Can't wait to see what he creates next year with a little more time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the trap