March 13, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Parade

Thought we'd try to get a picture of the kidlets before the grime of the day permanently attached itself...
We headed downtown for the St. Patrick's Day parade again but opted for driving instead of Light Rail this year.  It was definitely a bonus since the other 200,000 attendees went for the Light Rail option.

The following photograph is more of a reminder for me of how much I love this man and the beautiful children that I have the pleasure of raising, thanks to him.  But you're more than welcome to giggle at how funny they kind of look.  Note the Mickey Leprechaun ears from Disney World (2006!) on Brendan. 


Now, feel free to sit back and enjoy the parade...
The guy who makes me giggle every year ~
not exactly sure why, I just think he's kind of funny
Side note: The woman in front of me who yelled "Vote Republican" when Mayor Hickenlooper walked by did not get smacked by me...
not even once...
not even a little bit...
Irish Dancers
Cute little bitty in his kilt
Crazy cool, weird puppets
(It was especially entertaining to watch the boys' reactions)
And high-fives from the guy on stilts
Leprechaun on stilts
(is that an oxymoron, or is it just me?)
Firetruck
I think the boys thought they'd died and gone to heaven
when the Star Wars guys showed up
And really, it's not St. Patrick's Day until you see
Chewbacca toting C-3PO and sporting a green bowler, right?
Longhorns
Anyone else hungry for some Corned Beef and Cabbage?
I thought there was supposed to be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...
She looks so sweet...
and then you realize she just might be flipping you off...
This view of Union Station makes me want to
get away to the Oxford Hotel with my honey...
(By the way, if you are a nursing mother ~ or know of one ~ I highly recommend having a sit in the Oxford lobby with your babe on parade day!)
Brendan and his friend and classmate, Jaden
The Belfield Clan
This was after about 4 hours at the parade ~
I have the best kids in the world!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Looks like your parade was WAAAAY better than our parade. At least it was sunny though! You all look so cute and appropriately attired. Four hours???? Alex started whining to go home after an hour and a half and Ella announced, "I have enough candy" after an hour. Thanks for the pics!

Anonymous said...

So cute, maybe next year we will join you...