October 9, 2010

Baby Girl's First Bithday!

Today is my baby girl's first birthday.  We started the celebration with some Strawberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes.  Yum.  Seriously...
Then we headed to the pumpkin patch at nearby DeLaney Community Farm. 
Emery proving that she's already sure of what she wants...
Brendan found a weaving station and was completely enthralled.
The pumpkin toss competition was very... um.... interesting.  I had no idea that this entire subculture existed.  Hmmm.....
Who would ever think this was just off to the side of the road while driving through Aurora?  Beautiful!  I think we'll be spending a lot more time here next summer to get our vegetables.
And then it was time for the the Princess to open presents and boy was she ever excited.
And very quickly let us know that she had no idea what to do with her gift. 
But she's a quick study and had it figured out right away.  And yes, I recognize this as the first step to walking...
High fives for the person who picked out the super wonderful tea set!
Tea for you and tea for me...
And tea for two and two for tea...
Couldn't really be a Princess without the sash....
Baby's smash cake...
Did I already mention that she's pretty clear on what she wants with that little point?  Happy birthday baby girl!
How big is Emery?  So big and so happy!
So messy and so fun!
Check out this beautiful green little face!
And apparently she even got some of it in her belly!  And no, I did not use the Windex to clean the baby.
Pink Princess balloons
Our cake to celebrate the Princess.  Thanks for completing our little family so perfectly.  We love you!

No comments: